- February 28 At Municipal Center: SCAN Program To Lead In To Exhibition Opening Reception
- Avance Hosting ‘The Art Of Nature’
- March 1 At Edmond Town Hall: Romantic Academy Award Winner Next For Someday Cinema Series
- NHS Band & Guard 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza This Saturday
- Call For Readers: Third Annual Risk A Verse
- Free Relay For Life Kickoff Party Sunday
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown (SCAN) will present “Color in Winter” weekdays from February 2 through March 29. The annual exhibition will be presented in the main corridor of Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street within the Fairfield Hills campus.
Show hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
The public is invited to an artists’ reception on Wednesday, February 28, from 3 to 4:30 pm.
“Color in Winter” is a longstanding exhibition hosted by SCAN. The six-week event features works by SCAN members, offering the artists an opportunity to exhibit up to three pieces of framed artwork. Most works are available for purchase.
(Receiving is scheduled for Thursday, February 1, from 3 to 6 pm. Nonmembers can join at that time; visit SCANart.org or call 203-730-0762 for membership information.)
Prior to the reception, celebrated artist Dick McEvoy will offer a free demonstration of creating a painting with pastels. Mr McEoy’s subject will be the Grand Tetons.
The program will begin at 1:30 pm, and is also free of charge.
For additional information about Color in Winter Art Show & Sale, contact show Chair Suzanne Molineaux at 203-730-0762 or visit scanart.org.
Meanwhile, SCAN is continuing to present “Art About Town: Winter Offerings,” a collection of members’ works on view in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street. That exhibition is on view daily through February 2.