Adele Moros will be demonstrating in watercolor on Yupo paper at the next meeting of the Society of Creative Arts of Newtown. Her subject on Wednesday, January 24, will be a landscape....Read Full Article
- Town Players Reveal 2018 Season, Update Website
- Woman’s Club To Host Local Author Verna For Next Afternoon Tea Event
- Multimedia Artist, Group President To Present Next SCAN Program
- Garden Planning For Frosty Months, Tuesday With Garden Club
- Connecticut Choral Society Spring Auditions Scheduled
- Late Addition To NFA Calendar: Family Fun Hike, Saturday
- Hometown Foundation Benefit Planned To Honor Memory Of Fallen SEAL, Brookfield Native
An exhibition of works by members of the Society of Creative Arts of Newtown, the opening of “Winter Offerings” has been delayed due to last week’s snow storm.
The exhibition will still be presented in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
SCAN member Susan Kassirer told The Newtown Bee on Monday, January 8, that volunteer members of the art organization are now planning to hang the collection on Wednesday, January 10.
All pieces will be available for purchase, with partial proceeds of each sale to benefit the library. Shown above is “Cherry Grove Farm” by Ruth Newquist, NWS, one of the works expected to be included in the special exhibition.
“Winter Offerings” will remain on view at the library through February 2. The exhibition can be viewed any time the library is open, as long as the meeting room is not in use: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am to 8 pm; Friday, 11 am to 5 pm; Saturday, 9:30 am to 5 pm; and Sunday, noon to 5 pm.