The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown will have Karen Israel painting a pastel of chickens on Wednesday, July 25, at 1:30 pm....Read Full Article
- VFW Fundraiser Saturday With Midnight Rodeo
- Four Performances, July 26-28: Young Adults Digging Deep To Deliver ‘Miss Saigon’
- Musicals At Richter Season Continues With ‘Annie’
- SCAN To Welcome Israel For Pastel Demo
- Haunting Williams Work Next For Town Players
- BACA Event Canceled
- Bivenne Harvey Staiger With Watercolor Demonstration At Next SCAN Meeting
An exhibition of works by members of the Society of Creative Arts of Newtown, the opening of “Winter Offerings” has been delayed due to last week’s snow storm.
The exhibition will still be presented in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
SCAN member Susan Kassirer told The Newtown Bee on Monday, January 8, that volunteer members of the art organization are now planning to hang the collection on Wednesday, January 10.
All pieces will be available for purchase, with partial proceeds of each sale to benefit the library. Shown above is “Cherry Grove Farm” by Ruth Newquist, NWS, one of the works expected to be included in the special exhibition.
“Winter Offerings” will remain on view at the library through February 2. The exhibition can be viewed any time the library is open, as long as the meeting room is not in use: Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am to 8 pm; Friday, 11 am to 5 pm; Saturday, 9:30 am to 5 pm; and Sunday, noon to 5 pm.