Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- December 15-21, 2017: "Wonderstruck" and Someday Cinema Series "Wonderful Life"
- December 8-14, 2017: "Only The Brave"
- December 1-6, 2017: "Goodbye Christopher Robin" and 32nd Newtown Holiday Festival (including "Nutcracker Suite" performances)
- November 24-30, 2017: "The Lego Ninjago Movie"
- November 17-23, 2017: "American Made"
- November 10-16, 2017: 'Battle Of The Sexes,' 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' and Destination Newtown
Friday, February 24-Thursday, March 2
THE EAGLE HUNTRESS
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7 & 9 pm; Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday and Sunday, 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Rated G * running time 1:27
All tickets $3
Featuring Aishol-pan Nurgaiv & Rys Nurgaiv, and narrated by Daisy Ridley
A 13-year-old nomadic Mongolian girl fights to become the first female eagle hunter in 12 generations of her Kazakh family in this spellbinding documentary released in November by Sony Pictures Classics.
* * * * *
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26
SUNDAY WITH THE SANCTUARY
In the Alexandria Room, 12-3 pm: free, ongoing programs focusing on birding and amphibian migration including live birds of prey demonstration (noon), recognizing backyard birds by sight (1 pm), birding stations (1:30), and presentation on UConn’s Citizen Science Project to count amphibians en route to breeding pools (2:30), suitable for all ages, hosted by The Catherine Violet Hubbard Animal Sanctuary, registration requested; info@CVHFoundation.org.
Additional information: Birding And Great Migration Focus Of Next Sunday With The Sanctuary