The Working Women’s Forum will welcome Debbie Fay, founder and president of BeSpeak Presentation Solutions, for its next gathering....Read Full Article
- Sandy Hook CEO Celebrating Leahy’s Fuels 100th Anniversary
- Celebrating Five Years At Queen Street Gifts & Treats
- Newtown’s ‘Original’ Shoemaker Retiring November 10
- Avoiding Mistakes Presenters Make, At Next Working Women's Forum
- Castle Hill Farm Celebrates 90-Year Anniversary; Public Event Saturday Evening
- Queen Street Gifts & Treats Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
- Newtown Savings Bank Hosts Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting
Working Women’s Forum, an association of local professionals and entrepreneurs, will welcome Kate Mayer to its final meeting of the season, Wednesday, May 17.
Kate Mayer is a writer, humorist, and activist, focusing on teenagers, midlife, aging, social issues, and gun violence prevention. Based in Newtown, she was recently selected as 2017 “Voice of the Year” honoree for BlogHer.
The Connecticut Press Club awarded KathrynMayer.com as Best Personal Blog 2017.
Working Women’s Forum meets at The Villa Restaurant, 4 Riverside Road in Sandy Hook, on the third Wednesday of the month. After a summer break, meetings resume in September.
Networking and light dinner begins at 6 pm, followed by the guest speaker. Program and dinner fee $25 ($10 for members), along with a cash bar.
The group gratefully accepts canned food and personal health and beauty items for Newtown’s FAITH Food Pantry.
Ms Mayer’s appearance at a WWF meeting last season was sold out, so early reservations are being recommended for this month’s appears. To register, contact Working Women’s Forum President Pat Marlin via e-mail at email@example.com or call 203-426-7022.