- ‘Shrek The Musical, Jr’ Being Staged At Reed This Weekend
- Sunshine To Headline Annual Celebrate Sandy Hook Concert
- Newtown Winter Percussion Wins MAC Championship
- Sunday At The Little Theatre: Creative Youth Productions-Theatre Arts & Opportunities Special Event Planned
- Newtown Choral Society Spring Concert: ‘The British Invasion, Cont’d,’ May 6 At Meeting House
- Committee Plants A Tree As ‘Give Back’ Before Earth Day
- CCS Concerts To Honor Veterans, Armistice Anniversary
Women Involved in Newtown (WIN) is asking for help with its annual Thanksgiving Basket Program.
For more than 40 years WIN has run this program in conjunction with Newtown Social Services to ensure that Newtown’s needy families have food for the holiday season. The club is working to get more than 60 families adopted by classrooms, businesses, families, clubs, or individuals this season.
Those who commit to help will provide each family with food for their Thanksgiving dinner, along with staple foods and supplies to help them through the entire holiday season.
Food for the adopted families should be dropped off at Newtown United Methodist Church, 92 Church Hill Road, on Friday, November 18. Donations can be dropped off between noon and 4 that afternoon. Any group or organization interested in helping is asked to call Mandy Monaco at 203-426-5600.
WIN has been overwhelmed by Newtown’s generosity in years past, and is hoping that it can count on Newtown’s residents and businesses to continue this tradition.