Newtown news of 25, 50, 75, and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee....Read Full Article
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
- Woman’s Club To Welcome Rossiter For Encore Author Program
Women Involved in Newtown (WIN) is asking for help with its annual Thanksgiving Basket Program.
For more than 40 years WIN has run this program in conjunction with Newtown Social Services to ensure that Newtown’s needy families have food for the holiday season. The club is working to get more than 60 families adopted by classrooms, businesses, families, clubs, or individuals this season.
Those who commit to help will provide each family with food for their Thanksgiving dinner, along with staple foods and supplies to help them through the entire holiday season.
Food for the adopted families should be dropped off at Newtown United Methodist Church, 92 Church Hill Road, on Friday, November 18. Donations can be dropped off between noon and 4 that afternoon. Any group or organization interested in helping is asked to call Mandy Monaco at 203-426-5600.
WIN has been overwhelmed by Newtown’s generosity in years past, and is hoping that it can count on Newtown’s residents and businesses to continue this tradition.