- New Meeting Location For Local Friends Of Counted Embroidery Chapter
- Free Screening Scheduled Of Award-Winning Family Leave Crisis Documentary
- Controversial Masterpiece Next In Someday Cinema Series
- Happy Hearts Of Hope News: Local Organization Looking Back & Planning Ahead
- Newtown Choral Society Open To New Members; Rehearsals For Spring Concert Begin January 17
- Cultural Arts Commission Expanding Scope Of Grant Awards
- ‘Bridesmaids,’ January 27: Moms Night Out At The Movies, Take Two
Women Involved in Newtown (WIN) is asking for help with its annual Thanksgiving Basket Program.
For more than 40 years WIN has run this program in conjunction with Newtown Social Services to ensure that Newtown’s needy families have food for the holiday season. The club is working to get more than 60 families adopted by classrooms, businesses, families, clubs, or individuals this season.
Those who commit to help will provide each family with food for their Thanksgiving dinner, along with staple foods and supplies to help them through the entire holiday season.
Food for the adopted families should be dropped off at Newtown United Methodist Church, 92 Church Hill Road, on Friday, November 18. Donations can be dropped off between noon and 4 that afternoon. Any group or organization interested in helping is asked to call Mandy Monaco at 203-426-5600.
WIN has been overwhelmed by Newtown’s generosity in years past, and is hoping that it can count on Newtown’s residents and businesses to continue this tradition.