- Holiday Festival, A Benefit Event For NYFS, Returning To Main Street First Sunday In December
- A Newtown Home For Connecticut Choral Society
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
Following in the success of a successful tag sale in May 2016, the St Rose of Lima New Beginnings Ministry is hoping to do well again this autumn.
A fundraiser will be presented at the parish, 46 Church Hill Road, on Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22. The sale will run from 9 am until 3 pm each day.
“We held a successful tag sale last May,” said Mary Ellen McGarry, one of the event organizers. “Donations were very generous as were shoppers! That has given us the confidence to run our sale over the entire weekend.”
This year’s sale will again be presented at the Knights of Columbus building, which is located in the eastern side of the parking lot. Thanks to the building’s availability, the tag sale will be presented rain or shine.
The tag sale will include donated sports equipment, games, clothes and shoes, household and kitchen items, books and some high-tech equipment.
“Many items are new, and still have the tags on them,” Ms McGarry pointed out. “With so much concern about recycling and our environment, this is a grand way to pass on one person’s ‘treasure’ to the next,” she added.
Donations this year will go toward the St Rose of Lima Memorial Bell Garden Fund. There will be four bells in the garden, and each will have a special significance within the community, Ms McGarry said. The bells will be dedicated to 9/11, 12/14, first responders, and remembering acts of violence.