- Celebrated Oil Painter Next Guest For SCAN, June 27
- Original Summer Blockbuster Next For Someday Cinema Series, Sunday At ETH
- Town Players To Host Auditions For ‘The Fox On The Fairway’
- Pony Rides For Jessica Rekos Rescheduled Again
- Recently Formed Club To Host Its First Square Dance Party
- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
Following in the success of a successful tag sale in May 2016, the St Rose of Lima New Beginnings Ministry is hoping to do well again this autumn.
A fundraiser will be presented at the parish, 46 Church Hill Road, on Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22. The sale will run from 9 am until 3 pm each day.
“We held a successful tag sale last May,” said Mary Ellen McGarry, one of the event organizers. “Donations were very generous as were shoppers! That has given us the confidence to run our sale over the entire weekend.”
This year’s sale will again be presented at the Knights of Columbus building, which is located in the eastern side of the parking lot. Thanks to the building’s availability, the tag sale will be presented rain or shine.
The tag sale will include donated sports equipment, games, clothes and shoes, household and kitchen items, books and some high-tech equipment.
“Many items are new, and still have the tags on them,” Ms McGarry pointed out. “With so much concern about recycling and our environment, this is a grand way to pass on one person’s ‘treasure’ to the next,” she added.
Donations this year will go toward the St Rose of Lima Memorial Bell Garden Fund. There will be four bells in the garden, and each will have a special significance within the community, Ms McGarry said. The bells will be dedicated to 9/11, 12/14, first responders, and remembering acts of violence.