- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
- Santa Sleigh Returning To Sandy Hook This Weekend
The 42nd Ukrainian Festival will be held Sunday, September 17, at Paproski’s Castle Hill Pumpkin Patch, 25 Sugar Lane. The event begins at 11 am with the Divine Liturgy celebrated by Father Ivan Mazuryk, Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Church, Bridgeport.
The Ukrainian Kitchen will open after that, with Ukrainian Food made by the parish women: varenyky (pyrogies), holubchi (stuffed cabbage), kobassa (kielbasa) with kapusta (sweet fried cabbage), nalysnyky (blintzes), shishkebab, along with picnic-style food.
Entertainment will begin at 2:30 pm with Kolynonka Ukrainian Dance Group of Stamford, the singing duet of Kit and Kutna, among others. There also will be an exhibit of Ukrainian arts and crafts and vendors selling Ukrainian artifacts.
Activities throughout the day include hayrides, pony rides, petting zoo, moon walk, volleyball and horseshoe tournaments, soccer, and the annual Varenyky Eating Contest at 4 pm. Zabava (dance music) will be provided by DJ Lukiv.
Admission is by donation. There is plenty of free, off-street parking. The festival will be held rain or shine. It is presented and sponsored by the Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Church of Bridgeport.
For additional information, contact Gloria Horbaty (203-269-5909) or Stephen Paproski (203-426-5487).