- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Various roads in the center of Newtown will be impacted by the 8th annual Newtown Turkey Trot 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, November 23, between the hours of 7:45 and 9 am.
A temporary no parking area will exist along both sides of Main Street, from Glover Avenue to Hanover Road, beginning on the evening of November 22, and will be lifted upon completion of the event.
The 5K course includes the following roads during these approximate times:
Church Hill Road, 7:40 to 7:45 am; The Boulevard, 7:45 to 8 am; School House Hill Road, 7:45 to 8 am; (Wendover Road, walkers only, 7:55 to 8:15 am); Main Street, 7:50 to 8:15 am; Glover Avenue, 7:55 to 8:15 am; Meadow Road, 7:55 to 8:20 am; Elizabeth Street, 7:55 to 8:25 am; Grand Place, 8 to 8:45 am; Queen Street, 8 to 9 am.
Organizers suggest making appropriate plans and allowing for extra time if travel through the Borough is required during the road race.
Newtown Savings Bank is the founding sponsor for the 8th Annual Newtown Turkey Trot to benefit the C.H. Booth Library. For a list of all sponsors or additional information visit www.NewtownTurkeyTrot.com.