- Volleyball Team Stays Unbeaten, Clinches State Playoff Berth
- Lace Up Your Sneakers — Upcoming Races Announced
- Nighthawk Laxmen Pull Away Against Pomperaug And Win Close One Over Simsbury
- Girls' Lacrosse Team Battles In Nail-Biting Losses
- Wild(cat) Win: Baseball Team Walks Off Against Bethel
- Sometimes Hard-Fought Losses Are Better Than Lopsided Wins
- NHS Girls’ Lacrosse Team Defeats Conference Rivals With Ease
Newtown High School’s girls’ and boys’ soccer teams will host South-West Conference quarterfinal-round games, at Blue & Gold Stadium, on Saturday, October 28. The field hockey team will begin playoff action on the road, also on Saturday; the SWC swimming championships will take place at Masuk High in Monroe, also on Saturday; and the girls’ volleyball team provides a return in action to Newtown High when the Nighthawks host a match Monday, October 30.
The SWC sets admission costs, and tickets for all games, available at the gates, are $8 for adults and $5 for students. Here are the seedings and schedules:
Girls’ soccer: The No. 2 Nighthawks will host No. 7 Joel Barlow of Redding, at Blue & Gold Stadium, on Saturday, October 28, beginning at 4 pm. The winner advances to the Monday, October 30, semifinal round.
Boys’ soccer: The No. 3 Nighthawks will take on No. 6 Pomperaug of Southbury, at Blue & Gold Stadium, on Saturday, October 28, beginning at 7 pm. Semifinals are set for Wednesday, November 1.
Field hockey: The No. 8 Nighthawks visit No. 1 Pomperaug, on Saturday, October 28, beginning at 5 pm. The semis are to take place on Monday, October 30.
Girls’ swimming: The Nighthawks and their SWC rivals will be in the pool at Masuk High on Saturday, October 28, beginning at 3 pm. The diving competition took place on Wednesday, October 25.
Girls’ volleyball: No. 2 Newtown will host No. 6 Brookfield on Monday, October 30, beginning at 4:30 pm. The semis will be played on Wednesday, November 1.