April 25 was a great day to be a member of The Garden Club of Newtown if your name happened to be Peg....Read Full Article
- Fundraiser For Hurricane Pet Relief Thursday At ETH
- C. H. Booth Library Makers’ Corner In Progress
- Annual CT United Ride Rolls Through Town
- Doggie Fun Zone And Barn Hunt Take Place At Cassio Pet Resort
- Lisa Unleashed: 47th Annual American Gold Cup Grand Prix At Old Salem Farm Sunday
- Newtown Residents Are A Breed Of Their Own At Beardsley Zoo
- Newtown Middle School Scarecrows Are Underway
For just two more days, the Garden Club of Newtown is presenting “A Party In The Garden,” a standard flower show, in the grand corridor of Newtown Municipal Center.
Members began setting up displays and exhibits on Monday, April 24. Finishing touches and final entries were added Tuesday morning to the tables stretching the full length of the building at 3 Primrose Street, before the arrival certified judges from The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc.
By noon, the majority of the judging had been done. Horticulture entries were set up in the northern corridor, special exhibits filled tables in the central section of the hallway, and design entries filled the final section of the passageway. Garden club members, including show chair Deb Osborne, mingled with friends and other guests while judges made their final deliberations.
The public is invited to take in the collection — a beautiful presentation of designs, specimens, and much-needed color during this rainy stretch of spring — Wednesday and Thursday, April 26-27, from 9 am until 4:30 pm.
A full story about the show will appear in the May 5 print edition of The Newtown Bee.