- Theater Review: Excellent ‘Sweeney Todd’ At TBTA
- Theater Review: ‘Desert Cities’ Resonates In Sherman
- Vanessa Trien Keeps Children On Their Feet
- ‘The Dogs Of Camelot’ Brings Readers Into The World Of The Kennedy Canines
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
- ‘My Magic Breath’ Teaches Children The Power Of Mindfulness
- Historic Renovations In Sandy Hook Center
The AIR Fine Art Gallery at Avance Day Spa on Church Hill Road was open for a reception on April 8 for its current show, “Spring is in the AIR.”
As people milled about the space, gallery Curator Rosemary Rau and Avance Owner Melanie Allen mingled between visitors and artists.
Featured artists in the show are Jeanne Eleck, Donna Kindel, Ron Knor, Aline LaPointe, and Michelle Rosenthal. Wire sculptures by Renee Cotter are also on display.
The event also served as an introduction to a Team Brick fundraiser for C.H. Booth Library. As previously reported in The Newtown Bee, virgin bricks, hand painted by local artisans, were available for purchase at the event and throughout the exhibit, with all proceeds to benefit the town library.
Near the start of the April 8 reception, Ms Allen noted a “great turn out.”
In one section of the day spa, Jim Allyn and son Nick performed live music while people mingled in the main entrance of the building.
The public is welcome to visit the AIR Gallery at the Avance Day Spa during regular spa business hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 am to 8 pm; Wednesdays, 10 am to 6 pm; Fridays, 9 am to 6 pm; and Saturdays, 9 am to 5 pm. The exhibition is scheduled to remain on view through May 20.
The spa is handicapped friendly. Call 203-270-8911 for additional information.