- Proposed Development Will Negatively Affect Entire Town
- Volunteer Firefighters Provide Great Value To Our Community
- Ensure Protection In All Schools
- Do We Really Need More Traffic?
- Is The Gun Lobby Really Stronger Than Common Sense?
- An Insensible Proposal
- Loss Of Music Teacher Position Is Unwelcomed News
To the Editor:
I am writing to endorse Chris Smith for Newtown’s Legislative Council. I have known Chris for over ten years and have seen a man of integrity, intelligence and compassion. Chris and his family have lived in Newtown since 2001 and have been very been involved in many community activities in Newtown and Fairfield County. Chris was involved in the original setup of the Sandy Hook Promise. He also was part of the group that analyzed and researched the location of the new Sandy Hook Elementary School. Most recently, Chris has been on the Board of Trustees at the Unitarian Universalist Church of greater Danbury. He currently serves on Newtown’s Conservation Commission. Chris is passionate about Newtown and our schools.
I believe that Chris would be an effective, capable, and thoughtful council member. Chris will have my vote on Election Day and I urge you to consider voting for Chris Smith, too.
24 Washbrook Road, Newtown October 26, 2017