- NHS Field Hockey, Volleyball, And Soccer Recap
- Football Team Earns Second Shutout Of Season
- Hawk Gridders Ready For Home Opener Following Setback To Xavier
- Youth Basketball Registration
- Field Hockey Team Beaten By New Milford
- NHS And Barlow Volleyball Teams Go Five Games Again
- Boys’ Soccer Team Blanks Bethel In Heated Battle And New Fairfield To Stay Unbeaten
What sport is in season during the summer months? The question is really what sport isn’t in season.
The Slamma Jamma All Sports Camp, led by former Newtown High School athletes and brothers Joe, Justin, and Jaret DeVellis, along with Mike Scharfenberg, took place at Hawley School in late June.
The all sports camp gives young athletes, in some instances, a chance to try new sports for the first time. Among the offerings were basketball, baseball, soccer, kickball, and capture the flag, as well as some team bonding activities.
“We have a lot of fun and it’s all about the kids,” Jaret DeVellis said.
Full-day sessions were offered for girls and boys ages 7-12, and half day camp periods were held for girls and boys ages 4-11.
The Slamma Jamma Basketball Camp will be offered July 17-21 at Newtown High School.
Times and age group information are as follows: Session A for boys and girls ages 7-15, from 9 am to 3 pm. Session B for boys and girls ages 5-9, from 9 am to noon. Session C for boys and girls ages 8 to 15, from noon to 3 pm.
Register on the Parks and Recreation webpage or call 203-270-4340 for information.