- February 28 At Municipal Center: SCAN Program To Lead In To Exhibition Opening Reception
- Avance Hosting ‘The Art Of Nature’
- March 1 At Edmond Town Hall: Romantic Academy Award Winner Next For Someday Cinema Series
- NHS Band & Guard 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza This Saturday
- Call For Readers: Third Annual Risk A Verse
- Free Relay For Life Kickoff Party Sunday
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown (SCAN) will host Shauna Shane painting in pastel on Wednesday, September 13, at 7:30 pm. Her subject will be sheep.
The free demonstration will take place in the lower level of Newtown Meeting House, 31 Main Street (at the flagpole). Admission is free.
Ms Shane will demonstrate the evolution of a pastel painting from start to finish, discussing in real time the thought process that informs each decision, including the initial composition choices, what kind of underpainting is most effective, and how to apply the pastel to be the most efficient and effective.
Known for her willingness to share a lifetime of painting knowledge, applicable to any medium, Ms Shane’s demonstrations are always informative and entertaining.
Working in a variety of mediums Ms Shane’s paintings are saturated with light and color, informed by many years of painting from life. Whether of still life, landscape, animals, or the figure, this artist’s paintings reflect a solid academic training as well as the ability to communicate the emotion and unique atmosphere of a scene.
Ms Shane has exhibited in international competitions around the country, including Oil Painters of America, Allied Artist, and Salmagundi Club in New York City.
She is Signature Member of Connecticut Pastel Society, and an Elected Artist Member of Lyme Art Association and Connecticut Plein Air Society.
Reservations are not needed for SCAN programs but additional information is always available by calling 203-426-6654 or visiting scanart.org.