- Photos By Multitalented Resident Artist To Be Featured In Booth Library Exhibition
- Reception Planned For Current Municipal Center Exhibition
- Hearts Of Hope Founder To Visit October Painting Party
- Collaborate With Peers At The Library’s Teen Writing Group
- Kaplansky, Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra At Meeting House, November 4
- ‘Roger Sherman: Our Forgotten Founding Father,’ Monday With Historical Society
- CROP Walk Returning To Fairfield Hills This Weekend
The public is invited to join members of Al Hedaya Islamic Center for the annual Sharing Ramadan evening on Saturday, June 17, at 7 pm, at Edmond Town Hall, 45 Main Street.
During the month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world fast from the time of Fajr (the morning prayer) until the time of Maghrib (the prayer at sunset). At the time of sunset, Muslims break their fast and this dinner meal is known as Iftar.
Those interested in attending will meet members of the Al Hedaya community, who are as diverse as the world we live in. A program about Ramadan will be presented prior to the dinner.
The program will begin at in the Alexandria Room, followed by prayer and dinner served immediately after in the gymnasium.
Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty and First Selectman Pat Llodra will be among the evening’s guests.
There is no charge to attend, but reservations are requested. Contact Kristin Fuller, at firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations or additional information.