- Snapshot: Dennis Bradshaw
- Girl Scout Dance Shoe & Instrument Drive Supports Ana Grace Project
- 'Special Library,' 'Special Staff' Excites New CHB Director
- Theater Review: One Acts Provide The Perfect Excuse To Get Out And Just Laugh
- CVHF Builds Children’s Curiosity About Historic Stone Walls
- Winter Guard Fundraiser Inspires Addition Of Something Special To Lunches With Love
- Newtown Centre Of Classical Ballet & Voice Deliver Out Of This World Performance At Middle Gate
Newtown Youth Basketball Association’s Senior League’s night full of competition and fundraising efforts for the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, has been moved to Thursday, March 15. It will take place at Newtown High School, one day after the originally planned.
The events begin with the girls’ all star game at 6 pm, followed by the boys’ championship contest at 7:15 pm. The evening concludes with the boys’ all star game at 8:30 pm.
There will be 3-point contest at halftime of the girls’ all star game; a knock-out contest at halftime of the boys’ championship; and a half-court shot competition at halftime of the boys’ all start game. Cost to participate in each event is $5.
There is no charge for admission but donations will be accepted. Money will also be raised through T-shirt sales, concessions, and halftime contests, with all funds raised going to Sloan Kettering.