A handful of non-board members attended the Board of Education’s community forum at Newtown High School Tuesday evening, for which the community had been invited to to offer input on the qualities of the district’s future superintendent....Read Full Article
- Scott Driscoll Shares Internet Safety Presentations
- Vote For NMS Scarecrows This Saturday And Sunday
- Superintendent Search Subject Of Latest Community Forum
- NHS Band & Guard Continues Streak Of Wins, Tag Sale This Saturday
- BOE Hears Proposals For Transportation Issues
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Ingersoll Auto Hosting Drive For Your Students Fundraiser At NHS
By Eliza Hallabeck
State Senator Tony Hwang delivered a citation at the Board of Education’s meeting on Tuesday, December 20, to recognize Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, for being named the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education/Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CABE/CAPSS) Superintendent of the Year for 2017.
“The state of Connecticut and the General Assembly gives this official citation and recognition that be it hereby known to all that we offer our sincerest congratulations from myself, Representative Mitch Bolinsky, Representative J.P Sredzinski, and [former state Representative] Dan Carter that [Dr Erardi] is recognized as your selection as Superintendent of the Year,” Sen Hwang read.
The award reflects four decades of service to children throughout Connecticut, he noted.
“You have set the standard in administrative leadership,” Sen Hwang continued. “You are truly a teacher’s teacher, and we in Newtown are lucky to have you. Congratulations on this well-deserved honor.”
The award was first announced in mid-November at a CABE/CAPSS Convention, held at the Mystic Marriott in Groton.