After officially accepting the resignation of Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, the Board of Education unanimously voted at its July 18 meeting to name Newtown High School Principal Lorrie Rodrigue as the district’s interim superintendent....Read Full Article
- Rodrigue Named Interim Superintendent Of Newtown School System
- Newtown High School Fourth Quarter Honor Roll
- A SMART Summer Camp Begins; Second Session Will Be July 17-28
- Summertime Challenge: Keeping A Student’s Brain Engaged
- Summer Begins For Parks And Recreation Day Camps
- Ricky Grasso Accepts Position Of Visual Caption Head For NHS Band Program
- Superintendent Of Newtown Schools To Retire This Summer
By Eliza Hallabeck
State Senator Tony Hwang delivered a citation at the Board of Education’s meeting on Tuesday, December 20, to recognize Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, for being named the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education/Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CABE/CAPSS) Superintendent of the Year for 2017.
“The state of Connecticut and the General Assembly gives this official citation and recognition that be it hereby known to all that we offer our sincerest congratulations from myself, Representative Mitch Bolinsky, Representative J.P Sredzinski, and [former state Representative] Dan Carter that [Dr Erardi] is recognized as your selection as Superintendent of the Year,” Sen Hwang read.
The award reflects four decades of service to children throughout Connecticut, he noted.
“You have set the standard in administrative leadership,” Sen Hwang continued. “You are truly a teacher’s teacher, and we in Newtown are lucky to have you. Congratulations on this well-deserved honor.”
The award was first announced in mid-November at a CABE/CAPSS Convention, held at the Mystic Marriott in Groton.