Before former and current members of the Public Building & Site Commission were individually introduced at the Board of Education’s meeting Tuesday, March 7, Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, said the celebration of excellence portion of the meeting recognized the “extraordinary responsibility” the commission members had in building the new Sandy Hook Elementary School....Read Full Article
- NHS Winter Percussion Earns Two First Place Scores; ‘Home Show’ Saturday
- Opening Night For Newtown High School's Musical ‘Evita’
- School District’s Next Community Forum To Focus On ‘School Start Time’
- Winter Percussion Competes At MAC; Home Show Set For March 25
- Author And Illustrator Lita Judge Visits Sandy Hook Elementary School
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- NMS Spends A Week Celebrating Community
By Eliza Hallabeck
State Senator Tony Hwang delivered a citation at the Board of Education’s meeting on Tuesday, December 20, to recognize Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, for being named the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education/Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CABE/CAPSS) Superintendent of the Year for 2017.
“The state of Connecticut and the General Assembly gives this official citation and recognition that be it hereby known to all that we offer our sincerest congratulations from myself, Representative Mitch Bolinsky, Representative J.P Sredzinski, and [former state Representative] Dan Carter that [Dr Erardi] is recognized as your selection as Superintendent of the Year,” Sen Hwang read.
The award reflects four decades of service to children throughout Connecticut, he noted.
“You have set the standard in administrative leadership,” Sen Hwang continued. “You are truly a teacher’s teacher, and we in Newtown are lucky to have you. Congratulations on this well-deserved honor.”
The award was first announced in mid-November at a CABE/CAPSS Convention, held at the Mystic Marriott in Groton.