After officially accepting the resignation of Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, the Board of Education unanimously voted at its July 18 meeting to name Newtown High School Principal Lorrie Rodrigue as the district’s interim superintendent....Read Full Article
- Rodrigue Named Interim Superintendent Of Newtown School System
- Newtown High School Fourth Quarter Honor Roll
- A SMART Summer Camp Begins; Second Session Will Be July 17-28
- Summertime Challenge: Keeping A Student’s Brain Engaged
- Summer Begins For Parks And Recreation Day Camps
- Ricky Grasso Accepts Position Of Visual Caption Head For NHS Band Program
- Superintendent Of Newtown Schools To Retire This Summer
The Board of Education unanimously voted Tuesday, December 6, to hire Kimberly Longobucco of Fairfield to fill the open assistant principal position at Newtown High School.
The position was left open when Jaime Rivera was hired as the principal of Wamogo Regional High School in Litchfield. NHS has three assistant principal positions.
At the board’s meeting on Tuesday, November 1, Superintendent of Schools Joseph V. Erardi, Jr, said in an update the district had received more than 100 applications for the position.
Ms Longobucco will officially begin her time in the district on January 9, and her salary will be determined by the administrator’s contract with the district.
“We now have a new assistant principal,” Board Chair Keith Alexander said, to applause from the audience.
Ms Longobucco thanked everyone on the interview committee for the opportunity.
“It certainly was a grueling process, but I am very thankful for the way it turned out and to be here,” said Ms Longobucco, who has been working as the dean of students at Fairfield Ludlowe High School since 2013, and before that as the physical education and health education teacher at the school for six years.
“I’m really excited to be here. I’m really excited to meet all of you and your children, and to join the administrative team here on January 9,” Ms Longobucco said.