The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown will host Bivenne Harvey Staiger, offering a watercolor demonstration with the subject of birds, at its July 11 meeting....Read Full Article
- Residents Invited To Celebrate Birthday Of Newtown Benefactress
- Choral Society To Begin Rehearsals, Invites New Members
- 7th Annual Newtown Arts Festival One Month Away
- NewArts ‘Newsies’ Continues To Welcome Celebrity Visitors
- Two Coyotes Wilderness School Announces Fall Program Offerings
- Panacea To Host Labor Day Weekend Reunion Show
- Fortunes In A Song: CCS To Host Annual Summer Sing-In
The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown will have Karen Israel painting a pastel on Wednesday, July 25, at 1:30 pm. Her subject will be chickens.
The demonstration will be in the lower level of Newtown Meeting House, 31 Main Street (at the flagpole). The public is invited, free of charge.
Dynamic composition and a unique viewpoint are the hallmarks of Karen Israel’s pastel paintings. Her subjects are rendered with a strong appreciation for the rigors of formal design coupled with a fearless array of color.
Ms Israel is a nationally recognized, award-winning artist. Her work has earned her the titles of Master Pastelist (Pastel Society of America), Master Circle Member (International Association of Pastel Societies), and Signature Member and Past President of Connecticut Pastel Society.
Ms Israel is affiliated with many prestigious art organizations and clubs, including the Salmagundi Club and the American Artists Professional League. She currently serves on the PSA board of governors.
She is a teacher and instructing demonstrator, and she conducts demos and workshops for many art organizations throughout the United States.
Reservations are not needed for SCAN programs, but additional information is available by calling 203-426-6654 or visiting scanart.org.