- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
UPDATE (Monday, January 30, 2017): This story has been updated with the correct date of the artists’ reception.
* * * * *
The Society of Creative Arts of Newtown (SCAN) will present its annual “Color In Winter Art Show & Sale,” February 3-March 31, at Newtown Municipal Center. The exhibition of works by members of the local artist’s collective will be on view in the main corridor of the Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street, weekdays between 7:30 am and 5 pm.
The public is invited to an artists’ reception scheduled for Wednesday, February 22, from 3 to 4:30 pm.
Those interested in joining SCAN — and become eligible for this exhibition — are invited to visit scanart.org to view requirements, as well as the prospectus for “Color in Winter.”
For additional information visit the website or call 203-448-5167.