- Winner Of Reusable Bag Contest To Be Announced During 'In The Bag' Opening Reception
- Getting Ready For Kickoff: Youth Football And Cheer Season Begins With Preseason Drills
- Lisa Unleashed: Dog Spotting In Britain Reveals The Berger Picard And Catalan Sheepdog
- Steve George Takes Over As Seymour Head Coach On Interim Basis
- Slip, Slidin’ Away: Summer Ends For Day Campers
- Tobacco Enforcement 'Sting' Nets Five Violators
- Preserve The Taste Of Summer This Season With Jams And Jellies
Newtown High School golfer Sarah Houle, for the second consecutive year, is the state’s top golfer.
Houle carded a 2 under par 70 in the championship match, at Tashua Knolls Country Club in Trumbull, on June 5.
Houle was five shots better than her closest competitors, Greenwich’s Sydney Nethercott and New Canaan’s Meghan Mitchell.
Newtown, as a team, placed eighth; the team score of 374 was 86 over par. New Canaan and Fairfield Warde both carded a 327 and New Canaan won a three-hole playoff 54-55 for the team title.
Newtown’s Liz Weisgerber had a 98, Brigitte Marino a 99, Sydney Marino 107, and Nidhi Mukka 110.