Sandy Hook Promise debuted its latest PSA and an original song by multiple Grammy Award winning singer Sheryl Crow on December 11. Donations from the PSA and proceeds from downloads of the song will benefit SHP’s educational programs....Read Full Article
- Boys’ Basketball Team Triumphant In Opener
- Lisa Unleashed: Urban Legend Toby Vs Reality Of Trouble
- Gift Wrap Greener This Holiday Season
- ‘Let It Snow’ With Clothespin Snowflakes At Library
- Benefits Of Buying From Local Farmers
- Reed Students Complete Service Projects To Support The Community
- Council Suspends Rules, Moves CIP Back To Board Of Selectmen
Sandy Hook Promise founder Mark Barden, father of Daniel Barden, one of 26 people killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School on 12/14, will be featured in a segment of 60 Minutes on CBS, Sunday evening, August 6. His story of turning tragedy into transformation – along with the stories of other Newtown families – will air at 7 pm ET/PT, 6 pm CT/MT.
“There’s still a lot of work ahead, but Sandy Hook Promise has made so much important progress that you’ll see featured in this 60 Minutes segment: We’ve trained nearly 2 million students and adults to recognize warning signs of gun violence and intervene to prevent tragedies, helped avert two school shootings and been instrumental in passing groundbreaking mental health reform,” said Mr Barden in an e-mail notification.
“It’s so important that we keep having conversations about gun violence prevention and never give up on our Promise to build a safer future for all children.”
EDITOR’S NOTE (Friday, August 11, 2017): Due to the number of overwhelmingly negative and/or inappropriate comments on this press release, commenting has been suspended.