- Absentee Ballots Available For Republican Primary
- FONS Offering One More Self-Defense Course
- Free Irish Dance Class
- Athletes Prove They’ve Still Got Game ... Well Into Their 70s
- Preseason Training Gets Nighthawk Girls Ready To Take On Opponents And Fend Off Injuries
- Police Reminder: Alarm Rules Require Annual Reregistration
- Just The VAX — Parents Reminded About Importance Of Vaccinations
Sandy Hook Promise founder Mark Barden, father of Daniel Barden, one of 26 people killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School on 12/14, will be featured in a segment of 60 Minutes on CBS, Sunday evening, August 6. His story of turning tragedy into transformation – along with the stories of other Newtown families – will air at 7 pm ET/PT, 6 pm CT/MT.
“There’s still a lot of work ahead, but Sandy Hook Promise has made so much important progress that you’ll see featured in this 60 Minutes segment: We’ve trained nearly 2 million students and adults to recognize warning signs of gun violence and intervene to prevent tragedies, helped avert two school shootings and been instrumental in passing groundbreaking mental health reform,” said Mr Barden in an e-mail notification.
“It’s so important that we keep having conversations about gun violence prevention and never give up on our Promise to build a safer future for all children.”
EDITOR’S NOTE (Friday, August 11, 2017): Due to the number of overwhelmingly negative and/or inappropriate comments on this press release, commenting has been suspended.