- Stephen Petrovich In North American Premiere Of 'Love Never Dies' Coming To Hartford
- Nighthawks Challenge: From Sculpture Building To Pie Throwing Contest
- Fans Have A Lot To Cheer (And Bark) For At Sound Tigers Hockey Game
- Latest Financials Prove Newtown Deserves AAA Rating
- Relocation Drill At NMS Set For April 11
- Medley Relay Team Sets School Record As Hawks Make Splash In State Meet
- Local Young Adults Lead Efforts To Show Solidarity With Parkland And Call For Gun Violence Prevention
Sandy Hook Promise founder Mark Barden, father of Daniel Barden, one of 26 people killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School on 12/14, will be featured in a segment of 60 Minutes on CBS, Sunday evening, August 6. His story of turning tragedy into transformation – along with the stories of other Newtown families – will air at 7 pm ET/PT, 6 pm CT/MT.
“There’s still a lot of work ahead, but Sandy Hook Promise has made so much important progress that you’ll see featured in this 60 Minutes segment: We’ve trained nearly 2 million students and adults to recognize warning signs of gun violence and intervene to prevent tragedies, helped avert two school shootings and been instrumental in passing groundbreaking mental health reform,” said Mr Barden in an e-mail notification.
“It’s so important that we keep having conversations about gun violence prevention and never give up on our Promise to build a safer future for all children.”
EDITOR’S NOTE (Friday, August 11, 2017): Due to the number of overwhelmingly negative and/or inappropriate comments on this press release, commenting has been suspended.