- Avance Hosting ‘The Art Of Nature’
- March 1 At Edmond Town Hall: Romantic Academy Award Winner Next For Someday Cinema Series
- NHS Band & Guard 21st Annual Winter Extravaganza This Saturday
- Call For Readers: Third Annual Risk A Verse
- Free Relay For Life Kickoff Party Sunday
- ‘The History Of Ferris Farm,’ February 27 With Garden Club
- Parent Connection Spring Fundraiser To Have Hollywood Theme
Guests will not be expected to arrive bearing diamonds or pearls — the contemporary and traditional 30th anniversary gifts — but members of Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company do hope attendees arrive hungry when they visit the fire company’s main station for LobsterFest next month.
The 30th annual presentation of the popular fundraiser will be Friday, June 9, from 5 to 9 pm, and Saturday, June 10, from 4 to 9 pm.
Members of Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Co., its Ladies Auxiliary, Junior Corps, and even family members and friends will all be volunteering their time to put on the lobster and steak extravaganza.
A full steak or lobster dinner with potato salad, corn on the cob, chowder, a dinner roll, and a soft drink are all included in the ticket price; surf and turf tickets are also available.
Tickets are $25 in advance, until noon on June 9, and are available at the company’s main station, 18-20 Riverside Road; the fire marshal’s office at Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street; and The Newtown Bee office, 5 Church Hill Road. They will be $27 at the door.
Children’s dinners, with a burger or hot dog, are $7. Takeout orders can be set up.
A raw bar and desserts will also be available for separate charges.
Midnight Rodeo will perform on Friday and To The Max will headline on Saturday. John Voket will also be performing on Friday night, offering live music for early attendees.
LobsterFest is presented at the fire company’s main station, 18-20 Riverside Road.
For additional information visit sandyhookfire.com or call 203-270-4392.