- Softball And Lacrosse Teams Advance With Quarterfinal-Round Wins
- The Old Makes Way For The New
- New Listening Devices At Edmond Town Hall Theatre
- Eversource: Some Damage So Bad That Outages Could Take Days To Restore
- Free Movies Today At Edmond Town Hall Theatre
- Newtown Public Schools Will Be Closed Monday
- Lisa Unleashed: Dog-Friendly Gardens Really Do Exist
Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company responded to a Sandy Hook Center incident on January 15 at midday, where a liquid was bubbling up from beneath Church Hill Road. That liquid was found in the basement of some nearby businesses.
In addition to the fire company, the Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newtown Health Department, the Water & Sewer Authority, Aquarion Water Co., and Newtown Highway Department responded. Workers were trying to determine if it was water from an underground water line or sewage from the town’s sanitary sewer system.
This story will be updated as information becomes available.