- Weather Service Winter Storm Warning Covers Entire State; 5-9 Inches Of Snow Possible For Newtown
- Cherry Grove Farm Preservation Within NFA’s Sight
- Longtime Residents Of Newtown: The Watts Family
- Newtown VNA Celebrates ‘Heart Month’ With Display, Guest Speaker
- Gentle Healing Bodywork
- NYFS Is New Local Hub For My Place CT, Empower Together Resources
- Police Officials React To Top State Safety Ranking
Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company responded to a Sandy Hook Center incident on January 15 at midday, where a liquid was bubbling up from beneath Church Hill Road. That liquid was found in the basement of some nearby businesses.
In addition to the fire company, the Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newtown Health Department, the Water & Sewer Authority, Aquarion Water Co., and Newtown Highway Department responded. Workers were trying to determine if it was water from an underground water line or sewage from the town’s sanitary sewer system.
This story will be updated as information becomes available.