- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
- Survivors From Sandy Hook, Parkland Joined Together For 'Road To Change' Rally
- Nourishments: Hair Today — Gone Tomorrow
- Hearings Begin On Drive-Through Window Service For Eateries
- Aquifer Protection Endorsement Conveyed For Industrial Project
- Avielle Foundation Celebrates New Home
- Football Season Preparation Well Underway
Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company responded to a Sandy Hook Center incident on January 15 at midday, where a liquid was bubbling up from beneath Church Hill Road. That liquid was found in the basement of some nearby businesses.
In addition to the fire company, the Connecticut Department of Transportation, Newtown Health Department, the Water & Sewer Authority, Aquarion Water Co., and Newtown Highway Department responded. Workers were trying to determine if it was water from an underground water line or sewage from the town’s sanitary sewer system.
This story will be updated as information becomes available.