- Dog Days Of Summer In Full Swing At Town Dog Park
- Tie-Dyeing Makes For A Colorful Time At The Library
- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
- Survivors From Sandy Hook, Parkland Joined Together For 'Road To Change' Rally
- Nourishments: Hair Today — Gone Tomorrow
- Hearings Begin On Drive-Through Window Service For Eateries
- Aquifer Protection Endorsement Conveyed For Industrial Project
HARTFORD— With Primary Election Day on August 14 fast approaching, and following several media reports about increased interest in the upcoming elections and increased voter registration in Connecticut, residents should note that the deadlines to register in a party in time to vote in this year’s primary are also approaching.
The deadline for new or unaffiliated voters to register in person with the local registrar of voters or town clerk of the town of residence is noon on Monday, August 13.
The deadline for new or unaffiliated voters to register for the primary by mail is Thursday, August 9 (postmarked). New or unaffiliated voters can also register at myvote.ct.gov/register by 11:59 pm on August 9, or at a Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles location by the close of business on Thursday, August 9.
The deadline to change parties in order to vote on August 14 in the new party has already passed.
Note that there is no Election Day Registration for Primary Elections, only for General Elections.
Voters can check their registration status at myvote.ct.gov/lookup.