- Unified Sports ‘Brings Out The Best In Everybody’
- Softball, Baseball, And Lacrosse Teams Fall In Championship Games
- First-Time Champions! Volleyball Team Beats Barlow For SWC Title
- Nighthawks Slug Their Way Into Championship Rematch With Bethel
- Softball Team Overcomes Barlow in SWC Semifinal
- NHS Spikers Conclude Unbeaten Regular Season And Head Into Championship Match
- Baseball Team Steals Win In SWC Quarterfinals
Newtown High School’s girls’ and boys’ track and field teams participated in the Yale Classic in New Haven, January 19 and 20. They had some standout performances, highlighted by Carly Swierbut breaking South-West Conference records in the 300 and 400 meter dash events, and Brett Deri setting a school record in the 55 high hurdles. Results are as follows:
Swierbut placed third in the 300 with a time of 40.64, and second in the 400 in 57.99, breaking the SWC marks in the process. Marley Marsten was tenth in the shot-put with a throw of 33-09.50. The 4×800 relay of Olivia Hage, Sarah Houle, Grace Corcoran, Camille Johnson was 11th in 10:40.87.
Deri set a school record in the 55 high hurdles with a time of 8.06. Christian Lestik had a PR in the one mile with a time of 4:40.30. Zach Crebbin got fifth place, clearing 6-1 in the high jump. Grant Moxham got a PR in the 300 with a time of 37.91 seconds. The 4×800 team of Joel Duval, Christian Lestik, Evan Hildenbrand, and Nick Jacobs placed tenth overall in the Connecticut Division with a time of 8:35.36.