- BACA Event Canceled
- Bivenne Harvey Staiger With Watercolor Demonstration At Next SCAN Meeting
- Dozens Spent Time Enjoying This Year's One-Stop House & Garden Tour
- 6th Annual Newtown Yoga Festival Planned For August
- Tickets Available For Next Town Players Production; 'Suddenly Last Summer' Opens July 20
- Celebrated Oil Painter Next Guest For SCAN, June 27
- Original Summer Blockbuster Next For Someday Cinema Series, Sunday At ETH
UPDATE (Friday, October 20, 2017): This post has been updated to reflect the change of date for the artist’s reception, as announced this week by Newtown Cultural Arts Commission.
* * * * *
An artist’s reception for “Images of Newtown’s Past,” an exhibition of photographs by Newtown resident and artist Phil Keane, has been scheduled for Sunday, October 29. The reception will run from 1 to 3 pm at Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street, where the collection is on view weekdays through the end of the month.
The photographs, all of locations within Newtown, are printed on metal.
“It makes me think of the old-fashioned daguerreotype photographs,” Mr Keane said.
Mr Keane is the owner and director of Blue Sky Farm Productions, a studio located within Newtown that offers clients video and photography services for commercial and corporate clients, weddings, engagements, families, couples and individuals. It also creates event, architectural, real estate, informational, and product photos and videos.
Although the photography Mr Keane does is only part of what his studio offers, it is his passion.
A veteran of New York City’s Madison Avenue and national TV ad campaigns — Mr Keane has more than 20 years of experience making TV commercials, marketing, and advertising for Fortune 500 companies — he continues to find his inspiration in the vintage buildings of Newtown, including some that have been torn down.
Hosted by Newtown Cultural Arts Commission, “Images of Newtown’s Past” is a 2017 Newtown Arts Festival event.