Registration for Camp Creativity 2017, a summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, will open at 8 am Friday, April 7. A summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown,...Read Full Article
- Summer Sounds To Begin May 31 At Masonicare
- Registration Open For Summer Camp At Two Coyotes Wilderness School
- Summer Camp STEM Offerings At Newtown Continuing Education
- Historical Society Spring Open House Sunday Afternoon
- Lions Getting Their Ducks In A Row, Firefighters Testing The Ropes
- Third Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party Coming In June
- Town & Country Garden Club Members Help Beautify The Town; Plant Sale This Weekend
The Resiliency Center of Newtown (RCN) is planning two open house events for its 2017 presentation of Camp Sea Stars North. This year’s session will be offered August 14 to 18.
The first open house will be Thursday, January 12, at 6 pm, and the second will be Saturday, February 4, at 10 am. Both will take place at RCN, 153 South Main Street. Entry to the center is through the building’s lower rear level.
Camp Sea Stars North is a trauma-informed sleep-away camp for selected Newtown/Sandy Hook children who will be ages 8-16 during the week of camp. The goal of the camp is to help kids heal through summer camp. This is a five-day sleep-away camp held in the Berkshires at no cost for children enrolled in a Newtown school on 12/14/12. Space is limited to the first 250 children.
Applications will be e-mailed from the center to those who have registered for notices from RCN, and also to parents via School Messenger. A completed application must be printed out and hand delivered to RCN and accepted by a staff member to be eligible.
Call 203-364-9750 or visit resiliencycenterofnewtown.org for additional information.