As the fourth anniversary of 12/14 approaches, local groups and organizations are ready to help residents....Read Full Article
- Reminder: Newtown Education Foundation Hosting An Evening Of Comedy Saturday
- NHS 2017 Art Portfolio Exhibition At C.H. Booth Library
- Working With Transparent Watercolors, At Next SCAN Program
- Next Week: ASAP, Pilobolus Uniting For Local Workshops, Performances
- Movie Night Will Give Bees Their Close-Up
- Book Club For Seniors, January 24
- Newtown Choral Society Winter Concert: Works Of Faure, Brubeck, Et Al, Sunday At Meeting House
The Resiliency Center of Newtown (RCN) is planning two open house events for its 2017 presentation of Camp Sea Stars North. This year’s session will be offered August 14 to 18.
The first open house will be Thursday, January 12, at 6 pm, and the second will be Saturday, February 4, at 10 am. Both will take place at RCN, 153 South Main Street. Entry to the center is through the building’s lower rear level.
Camp Sea Stars North is a trauma-informed sleep-away camp for selected Newtown/Sandy Hook children who will be ages 8-16 during the week of camp. The goal of the camp is to help kids heal through summer camp. This is a five-day sleep-away camp held in the Berkshires at no cost for children enrolled in a Newtown school on 12/14/12. Space is limited to the first 250 children.
Applications will be e-mailed from the center to those who have registered for notices from RCN, and also to parents via School Messenger. A completed application must be printed out and hand delivered to RCN and accepted by a staff member to be eligible.
Call 203-364-9750 or visit resiliencycenterofnewtown.org for additional information.