- Volunteers Help Make State Playoff Tournaments A Success
- Sticker Books For All Ages Offer Multiple Benefits And Fun
- NewArts Students Seize The Day Delivering ‘Newsies’ To New Venue
- A Family Feeling At Dickinson Day Camp
- The Way We Were, for the week ending July 20, 2018
- Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Visits NYFS Safety Town
- Snapshot: Merredith Christos
Residents followed luminaries that lined South Main Street and Elm Drive to attend the 33rd Annual Ram Pasture Tree Lighting, on Friday, December 1.
The event included performances from Newtown High School’s acapella singers, the Ashurst Academy of Irish Dance, and Lathrop School of Dance, and a visit from Santa and Mrs Claus.
There are tree lightings scheduled for Saturday and Sunday as follows:
The 17th Annual Sandy Hook Tree Lighting will take place the following night, on Saturday, December 2.
The event is being coordinated by Sandy Hook Organization for Prosperity, and additional details are expected within the next week.
The 8th Annual Hawleyville Tree Lighting and Toy Drive will then follow on Sunday, December 3.
Residents are invited to gather at Barnabas Plaza, 23 Barnabas Road, for the one-hour event scheduled to begin at 5:30.
Santa and Mrs Claus will be arriving via a Hawleyville Volunteer Fire Company fire truck. The event will also include snacks, hot drinks, singing and dancing, and a toy drive for The Newtown Fund.
This event is organized by Stony Hill Four Corners, a business association covering the Hawleyville section of Newtown and the Stony Hill section of Bethel.