The three candidates running for first selectman in the November 7 municipal elections answered a range of questions, including queries on property taxation, land development, and the aftermath of 12/14, at a Candidates Forum, which drew about 125 people to the Edmond Town Hall Theatre on October 24. ...Read Full Article
- Legislative Session Update, Thursday Morning At Library
- Hawleyville Firefighters Honor Victims Of Florida Shooting
- Mothers United Against Violence Planning February 20 Vigil In Hartford
- Special Education PTA Takes Shape In Newtown; First Meeting Date Set
- Town Seeks Reduced Speed Limits On Two State Roads
- Police Warn Residents Of Potential Telephone-Based Scams
- Hunters Ridge Seeking Sewage Service Beyond Town’s Capacity
The Newtown Bee will host a forum on Tuesday, October 24, in the auditorium of Edmond Town Hall, 45 Main Street, featuring candidates for the position of first selectman. A meet and greet of candidates, with refreshments, will take place at 6:30 pm, followed by the forum from 7 to 8:30 pm.
Candidates will respond to questions solicited from the public and vetted by The Newtown Bee, prior to the forum. Candidates will not have seen the questions beforehand.
Newtown residents are asked to submit questions for first selectman candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Bee Forum Question,” no later than Tuesday, October 17, at noon. Questions should address town/state issues that are relevant to the office of the first selectman.