- Newtown’s Federal Delegation Has Been Busy With Health And Wellness Initiatives
- Kevin’s Community Center Poised To Expand Services At New Location
- Newtown Yoga Festival Partners With The Avielle Foundation’s Spark Program
- Free Sensory Friendly Screening Of 'Captain Underpants,' Saturday Morning At ETH
- OTC Narcan May Not Be Enough To Save Opioid Addicts
- After Losing Daughter To Opioids, Local Mom Presses On Helping Others
- Local Preparedness Officials Advise Newtown To Be Hurricane Aware
The HomeFront program is looking for residents in need of home repairs for its upcoming repair blitz in Spring 2017.
Interested homeowners must apply before December 16 to be considered for help. HomeFront offers help with faulty windows, doors, steps, railings, leaky roofs, painting, plumbing, and electrical needs at no cost to qualifying, low-income homeowners.
Referrals are welcome from neighbors, social service agencies, faith communities, and city officials. Improvements are made possible by a communitywide mobilization of building material and service donors, financial supporters, and groups of “hands on” volunteers from local corporations, faith-based and civic organizations.
Physical repair work is scheduled to be completed in May.
HomeFront’s mission is to keep low-income neighbors in their homes through the completion of repairs at no cost to them. Help is available in Newtown, and for application, donation, or volunteer information, call 800-887-4673 or visit: homefrontprogram.org.