- Simply Smiles Fundraiser Will ‘Keep Hope Alive’
- OK Food Inc Recalls Breaded Chicken Products
- Beef, Venison, And Ostrich Jerky Products Recall
- Parent Connection Hosting Addiction Prevention's Dynamic Duo
- Hospitals Open; WCHN Announces Outpatient & Elective Storm Closures
- One Dead After Outbreak Related To Vulto Cheese Sold In State
- Masonicare Renovations Designed To Best Serve Patrons' Needs
The HomeFront program is looking for residents in need of home repairs for its upcoming repair blitz in Spring 2017.
Interested homeowners must apply before December 16 to be considered for help. HomeFront offers help with faulty windows, doors, steps, railings, leaky roofs, painting, plumbing, and electrical needs at no cost to qualifying, low-income homeowners.
Referrals are welcome from neighbors, social service agencies, faith communities, and city officials. Improvements are made possible by a communitywide mobilization of building material and service donors, financial supporters, and groups of “hands on” volunteers from local corporations, faith-based and civic organizations.
Physical repair work is scheduled to be completed in May.
HomeFront’s mission is to keep low-income neighbors in their homes through the completion of repairs at no cost to them. Help is available in Newtown, and for application, donation, or volunteer information, call 800-887-4673 or visit: homefrontprogram.org.