- Community Foundation Releases Fourth Needs Assessment
- Relay For Life Raises Funds For Cancer Research And Care
- For Better Health Spring 2017: Now Hear This! — Hearing Aid Dispensing May Be Going OTC
- For Better Health Spring 2017: Dialing For Docs — A Q&A About Telehealth
- For Better Health Spring 2017: When It Is A Stye — Not Pie — In The Eye
- For Better Health Spring 2017: Hypnosis May Be Helpful If You Are Grappling With Bad Habits, Fears, Anxiety
- Popular Health Books Populate The Library
The HomeFront program is looking for residents in need of home repairs for its upcoming repair blitz in Spring 2017.
Interested homeowners must apply before December 16 to be considered for help. HomeFront offers help with faulty windows, doors, steps, railings, leaky roofs, painting, plumbing, and electrical needs at no cost to qualifying, low-income homeowners.
Referrals are welcome from neighbors, social service agencies, faith communities, and city officials. Improvements are made possible by a communitywide mobilization of building material and service donors, financial supporters, and groups of “hands on” volunteers from local corporations, faith-based and civic organizations.
Physical repair work is scheduled to be completed in May.
HomeFront’s mission is to keep low-income neighbors in their homes through the completion of repairs at no cost to them. Help is available in Newtown, and for application, donation, or volunteer information, call 800-887-4673 or visit: homefrontprogram.org.