- Health District Reminding Residents About Flu Threat, Prevention
- ‘Go Red’ Initiative Ramping Up Ahead Of Heart Month
- RCN Summer Camp Open House Events Planned
- Dr Popowich Pulverizing Painful Injuries With Sound Waves
- Opportunities For Support And Healing On 12/14 Anniversary
- Masonicare Mitigates Community Stress With Mindful Meditation
- Loss Of Son Inspires Local Parents To Advocate For AVM Awareness
The HomeFront program is looking for residents in need of home repairs for its upcoming repair blitz in Spring 2017.
Interested homeowners must apply before December 16 to be considered for help. HomeFront offers help with faulty windows, doors, steps, railings, leaky roofs, painting, plumbing, and electrical needs at no cost to qualifying, low-income homeowners.
Referrals are welcome from neighbors, social service agencies, faith communities, and city officials. Improvements are made possible by a communitywide mobilization of building material and service donors, financial supporters, and groups of “hands on” volunteers from local corporations, faith-based and civic organizations.
Physical repair work is scheduled to be completed in May.
HomeFront’s mission is to keep low-income neighbors in their homes through the completion of repairs at no cost to them. Help is available in Newtown, and for application, donation, or volunteer information, call 800-887-4673 or visit: homefrontprogram.org.