- Newtown Educators Stand Together For Parkland Educators
- Special Education PTA Takes Shape In Newtown; First Meeting Date Set
- ‘Nighthawks Challenge’ Obstacle Course Fundraiser Slated For March 11
- National Geographic Bee Challenges NMS And Reed Students
- St Rose Projects Heading To Connecticut State Science & Engineering Fair
- Tickets For ‘Les Miserables’ At NHS Go On Sale
- NHS Artists In Two Exhibits
All Newtown residents are invited to attend an informational forum with Newtown’s Board of Education candidates ahead of the upcoming November 7 election. The forum will take place on Monday, October 23, 7 to 8:30 pm, in Newtown High School’s lecture hall, Room A107, 12 Berkshire Road.
The event, organized and sponsored by Newtown’s PTAs and PTSA, will provide each candidate an opportunity to answer four predetermined questions.
Attendees will be given the opportunity to submit questions on the night of the forum before the event, or questions can be submitted to email@example.com by October 16. All questions will be reviewed and, if suitable, may be selected at random to pose to the candidates, provided time allows. Voiced questions from the audience will not be taken during the forum.
The invited candidates are Daniel Cruson, Jr (R), Daniel R. Delia (R), Michelle Embree Ku (D), Debbie Leidlein (D), and Deborra Zukowski (registered write-in candidate). The guest moderator for the evening will be NHS teacher Jason Edwards.
Please be advised that this is a nonpartisan event. The Newtown PTAs and PTSA do not endorse candidates but would like to offer Newtown voters an unbiased forum to listen to the candidates, according to an announcement for the event. Any questions about the structure of the forum should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20 at 3 pm.