- Just The VAX — Parents Reminded About Importance Of Vaccinations
- Newtown’s Federal Delegation Has Been Busy With Health And Wellness Initiatives
- Kevin’s Community Center Poised To Expand Services At New Location
- Newtown Yoga Festival Partners With The Avielle Foundation’s Spark Program
- Free Sensory Friendly Screening Of 'Captain Underpants,' Saturday Morning At ETH
- OTC Narcan May Not Be Enough To Save Opioid Addicts
- After Losing Daughter To Opioids, Local Mom Presses On Helping Others
SOUTHBURY — Dr Robert Deveney, a total joint specialist at Danbury Orthopedics, will speak Thursday, June 29, at River Glen Health Care Center, about how robotics is making hip and knee replacements a more reliable option that could offer more mobility and a pain-free lifestyle. The latest developments in these procedures using a robotic arm make the surgery more precise.
River Glen Health Care Center is located at 162 South Britain Road. The program will begin at 5:30 pm. It will also feature drinks, appetizers, and live piano music.
Dr Deveney is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedist who specializes in disorders of the hip and knee, total hip replacement, total knee replacement, robotic-assisted total hip replacement, robotic-assisted partial knee replacement, revision surgery, and minimally invasive total hip and total knee replacement surgery.
The event is free, but requires a RSVP; e-mail Kmarino@care-one.com or call 203-264-9600.