- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
Very often, the public’s contact with police officers occurs during emergencies or urgent situations.
To provide a more relaxed setting for the public to interact with local police officers, Newtown Police Department is planning an informal event at which members of the public can meet and talk to police officers, known as “Coffee With A Cop.”
The event is scheduled for 8 to 11 am on Saturday, September 9, at Newtown Deli and Catering, 79 South Main Street (State Route 25). It will be the first such event held by town police.
The casual event will allow people to ask questions, voice their concerns, and enjoy good conversation over coffee with town police, said Officer Stephanie Thibodeau.
Similar events started in 2011 in California, where police sought better ways to interact with members of the public. Such events are now held across the United States and in other countries.
Information on the event is available at coffeewithacop.com.