- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
- Woman’s Club To Welcome Rossiter For Encore Author Program
- ‘Newtown & Beyond’ On View At Municipal Center
- Local Artists Offering Holiday Open House
- Garden Club Holiday Greens & Gifts Sale Workshops Continue
- Benefit ‘Bountiful’ Performance Planned
- Santa’s Sleigh Returning To Sandy Hook
Very often, the public’s contact with police officers occurs during emergencies or urgent situations.
To provide a more relaxed setting for the public to interact with local police officers, Newtown Police Department is planning an informal event at which members of the public can meet and talk to police officers, known as “Coffee With A Cop.”
The event is scheduled for 8 to 11 am on Saturday, September 9, at Newtown Deli and Catering, 79 South Main Street (State Route 25). It will be the first such event held by town police.
The casual event will allow people to ask questions, voice their concerns, and enjoy good conversation over coffee with town police, said Officer Stephanie Thibodeau.
Similar events started in 2011 in California, where police sought better ways to interact with members of the public. Such events are now held across the United States and in other countries.
Information on the event is available at coffeewithacop.com.