Newtown news of 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee....Read Full Article
- A Newtown Home For Connecticut Choral Society
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
Trinity Episcopal Church will be opening its parking lot to parade viewers on Monday, September 4. Requested donation is $5 per vehicle.
Use the Church Hill Road driveway rather than off Main Street, on the south side of Church Hill Road, which shares its opening with Hook & Ladder Fire Company’s new headquarters. The parking lot will open at 8 am.
Church members will have a tent set up in front of the church, at 36 Main Street, where baked goods, coffee and water will be available. The church will be serving as a drop-off spot for FAITH Food Pantry. Lee Paulsen, president of the nonecumenical food pantry, will be serving as the grand marshal of Monday’s parade. FAITH volunteers ask those attending the parade to bring nonperishable donations with them.
At Newtown Congregational Church, 14 West Street, the public is invited to Pancakes & Parking. Enjoy a pre-parade breakfast in the church Great Room between 8 and 9:30 am, and park vehicles in the church parking lot for the duration of the parade.
Pancakes & Parking is $6 per person or $20 per family. Reservations are not needed.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH LOWER DRIVEWAY
NEWTOWN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH