For years, Eunice Laverty would tell her younger employees that they would not miss the Labor Day Parade if they worked that Monday morning. This year Ms Laverty will have one of the prime spots for watching the parade: the grand marshal's seat on the judges' stand....Read Full Article
- Celebrate Kindness With Ben’s Bells Project
- FUN Concert To Feature ‘80s Theme, Pizza Contest
- Lecture, Then Screenings, To Celebrate Classic Film Noir ‘Maltese Falcon’
- ‘Creative Container Design’, May 22 With Dalley & Garden Club
- ‘Inside Plein Air’ Demo Planned For Next SCAN Program
- Broadway Actress To Headline For Local Benefit; Performance Relocated To Monroe
- Newtown Winter Percussion Celebration, Band & Guard Mattress Sale Set
Trinity Episcopal Church will be opening its parking lot to parade viewers on Monday, September 4. Requested donation is $5 per vehicle.
Use the Church Hill Road driveway rather than off Main Street, on the south side of Church Hill Road, which shares its opening with Hook & Ladder Fire Company’s new headquarters. The parking lot will open at 8 am.
Church members will have a tent set up in front of the church, at 36 Main Street, where baked goods, coffee and water will be available. The church will be serving as a drop-off spot for FAITH Food Pantry. Lee Paulsen, president of the nonecumenical food pantry, will be serving as the grand marshal of Monday’s parade. FAITH volunteers ask those attending the parade to bring nonperishable donations with them.
At Newtown Congregational Church, 14 West Street, the public is invited to Pancakes & Parking. Enjoy a pre-parade breakfast in the church Great Room between 8 and 9:30 am, and park vehicles in the church parking lot for the duration of the parade.
Pancakes & Parking is $6 per person or $20 per family. Reservations are not needed.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH LOWER DRIVEWAY
NEWTOWN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH