Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- November 24-30, 2017: "The Lego Ninjago Movie"
- November 17-23, 2017: "American Made"
- November 10-16, 2017: 'Battle Of The Sexes,' 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' and Destination Newtown
- November 3-9, 2017: "Annabelle: Creation," "Nut Job 2" and "Home Again"
- October 27-November 2, 2017: Rooster Film Festival, Ray Scalzo Drum Concert, "Goosebumps," "Annabelle: Creation," "Vertigo" and "High Anxiety"
- October 20-26, 2017: "Spider-Man: Homecoming," Great Pumpkin Races, Mustang Raffle, Baha'i Faith Light of Unit Festival and Newtown Bee Candidates Forum
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13-THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19
PG-13 * running time 1:46
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7* & 9 pm; Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Cillian Murphy, Jack Lowden
Harry Stiles, Aneurin Barnard, Barry Keoghan, James D’Arcy & Kenneth Branagh
Based on the true story of nearly 330,000 Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German Army from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France, in May and June 1944, during World War II’s Battle of France. Director Christopher Nolan’s dramatic history lesson, released in July, tells the story of how these troops were slowly and methodically evacuated from the beach using every serviceable naval and civilian vessel that could be found.
*Admission to Saturday’s 7 pm show is free of charge, courtesy Ingersoll Auto of Danbury.
DAEDALUS & BRENTANO QUARTETS PERFORMANCE
Sunday, October 15 (ETH Theatre): 3 pm, Daedalus & Brentano Quartets performance, 3 pm, $25 (cash or check only), free for K-12 students with ticket-holding adult or students with ID, program with works for quartet and octet by Haydn, Beethoven and Mendelssohn, performed by celebrated quartets, will serve as finale for Newtown Friends of Music, reception with performers to follow; 203-426-6470, newtownfriendsofmusic.org.