Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- April 20-26, 2018: Laser Light Shows and "The Greatest Showman"
- April 13-19, 2018: "Peter Rabbit," "Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle," Newtown Spring Welcome Craft Fair and Spring Fling Sing-Along
- April 6-12, 2018: "The Shape of Water" and Brainstorm Experience: Dan Harris
- March 30-April 5, 2018: "Jumanji" and Someday Cinema Series: "Field of Dreams"
- March 23-29, 2018: "Darkest Hour," Simply Smiles Fundraiser and Brainstorm Experience: Scott Keneally
- March 16-22, 2018: "All The Money In The World"
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13-THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19
PG-13 * running time 1:46
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7* & 9 pm; Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Fionn Whitehead, Tom Glynn-Carney, Cillian Murphy, Jack Lowden
Harry Stiles, Aneurin Barnard, Barry Keoghan, James D’Arcy & Kenneth Branagh
Based on the true story of nearly 330,000 Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German Army from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France, in May and June 1944, during World War II’s Battle of France. Director Christopher Nolan’s dramatic history lesson, released in July, tells the story of how these troops were slowly and methodically evacuated from the beach using every serviceable naval and civilian vessel that could be found.
*Admission to Saturday’s 7 pm show is free of charge, courtesy Ingersoll Auto of Danbury.
DAEDALUS & BRENTANO QUARTETS PERFORMANCE
Sunday, October 15 (ETH Theatre): 3 pm, Daedalus & Brentano Quartets performance, 3 pm, $25 (cash or check only), free for K-12 students with ticket-holding adult or students with ID, program with works for quartet and octet by Haydn, Beethoven and Mendelssohn, performed by celebrated quartets, will serve as finale for Newtown Friends of Music, reception with performers to follow; 203-426-6470, newtownfriendsofmusic.org.