Eighth grade students in Newtown Middle School computer integration teacher Rachel Smith’s classes spend the rotation working on applications for Android devices. This rotation’s round of projects cover a wide range of interests, according to Ms Smith....Read Full Article
- Reed Students ‘Lunch And Learn’
- Sirius Coyote Visits Sandy Hook School
- Mentoring With Dr Erardi Part One Of Two: Ridgefield Assistant Superintendent Spending Time In Newtown
- Head O' Meadow Kindergarten Students Learn About Animals And Nature
- NHS Announces ‘Evita’ As Spring Musical
- Connecticut Historical Society Offers Lesson On State Government For Hawley Students
- NHS Student Art Work Selected For Scholastic Show
The Newtown Middle School, 11 Queen Street, 8-Purple Cluster members will host an American Red Cross Blood Drive on Wednesday, November 9, open to the public, ages 17 and up, from 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm, in the school’s cafeteria.
According to an announcement from the school, blood donations are normally down for the American Red Cross in the holiday season, and the event was scheduled to help fill the need.
Additional information about donating blood though the American Red Cross is available at redcrossblood.org. Registration to donate can be completed on the website using the sponsor code NMS1208 or call 800-Red-Cross (800-733-2767). Walk-ins are also welcome.