- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- Nighthawks Sign National Letters Of Intent To Play In College
- Western Connecticut Hockey Program Hosts Rangers Alumni Assist Game
- Online Registration For Turkey Trot Ends Nov. 18; In-Person Sessions Nov. 21-22
- Newtown High Records Set In State Swim Championships
- Youth Basketball Tournament Saturday, November 18
- Champions: Fifth Grade Football Team Topples North Haven
Newtown High School’s gymnastics team placed second in a meet at Kinetic Kids Gymnastics Center, in Oxford, on January 27.
Oxford was first with a score of 126.15, edging Newtown with a score of 125.3. Nonnewaug placed third with 114.4, and Joel Barlow of Redding was fourth with 112.8. Teams of one from Sacred Heart and Notre Dame also participated.
Newtown’s Ally Kenny placed third in the all around with a score of 33.85, and Maddie Jannott was fifth with a score of 32.0. Madison Clark of Sacred Heart was first with a 34.55, and Emily Baktis of Oxford came in second with a score of 33.9.
Kenny came in third on the vault with an 8.6, and Jannott tied for fifth with an 8.4. Sarah MacMullan placed sixth with an 8.3, and Mary Locke came in eighth with an 8.0.
On bars, Kenny tied for first with an 8.5, and MacMullan with a 7.1 and Jannott with a 7.0 were fourth and fifth, respectively.
Kenny was third on the beam with an 8.45 and Jannott tied for fifth with an 8.0.
Jannott tied for second on the floor with an 8.6, and Kenny was fourth on the floor, scoring an 8.3.
Also competing for Newtown were Monika Mihok on vault, Olivia Brosnan on vault and beam, Casey Sullivan on beam and bars, Malia Gioffre on beam, Taylor Krikorian on beam, Allie Tassiello on bars, Kylie Giroux on floor, and Amanda Brinkmann on floor.