- Reed Hosts ‘TAGtivities’ To Offer New Lessons For Students
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- NHS Marching Nighthawks National Champs
- Newtown High School Fall Drama Being Staged This Weekend At Reed
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Hosts Annual Fall Family Festival
- Newtown Schools Honor Veterans
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard continued to dominate its competition season with another win at South Brunswick High School in Monmouth Junction, N.J., on Saturday, October 7.
In a competition featuring 19 other high school bands, the Nighthawks not only swept their division and took all the caption awards including Best Music, Best Visual, Best Overall Effect, Best Percussion, and Best Color Guard, but also earned the highest score of all bands that performed.
This season’s show is called Dystopia, modeled after George Orwell’s novel, 1984.
Newtown’s next competition is at Norwalk High School on Saturday, October 14.
The NHS Marching Band & Guard also has its 9th Annual 100-Family Tag Sale fundraiser set for Saturday, October 21, from 9 am to 2 pm, at NHS, 12 Berkshire Road.