- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
- Newtown High School Fourth Quarter Honor Roll
- Hands And Hearts Make Sweet Memories For Departing St Rose Principal, Sister Colleen
- School Board Celebrates Teacher And Paraeducator Of The Year Awardees
- Fraser Woods Montessori School Ceremonies Mark Graduation
- Madness At Middle Gate, To The Delight Of All
The Newtown High School Marching Band & Guard continued its unbroken streak of wins in its division this season at Norwalk High School on Saturday, October 14. The marching Nighthawks swept all the caption awards, including Best Music, Best Visual, Best Color Guard, Best Percussion, and Best Overall Effect.
The Nighthawks’ next competition is hosted by Danbury High School at the Western Athletic Complex, 43 Lake Avenue Extension, Westside Campus Center, on Saturday, October 21, beginning at 6:30 pm. The competition will be preceded by the 9th Annual 100 Family Tag Sale, from 9 am to 2 pm, in the high school cafeteria and adjacent patio, 12 Berkshire Road, rain or shine.
Shoppers can expect furniture of all types, electronics, tools, housewares, sporting goods, holiday decorations, clothing, books, and toys.
Tables of merchandise will be organized by category. All items are priced to sell. Free coffee will be available and baked goods will be offered for sale.
All proceeds benefit the NHS Band & Guard. For questions about the tag sale contact Michele Buzzi by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.