Newtown Cultural Arts Commission is now accepting applications for its Sixth Annual Grant Competition. Deadline for this year's two offerings is August 30....Read Full Article
- NYFS To Honor Community Members At Annual Breakfast & Awards Ceremony
- Annual Walking Tour Of Sandy Hook Approaching
- Davis & Shindell House Concerts Planned To Benefit Ben’s Lighthouse
- Ukrainian Festival Sunday
- ‘Willy Wonka’ Serving As September Someday Cinema Series Offering
- Connecticut Authors Reading Series Returning For Fall Season
- Pizza Social At Café Xpresso
Newtown Cultural Arts Commission (NCAC) Chair Laura Lerman announced September 1 that the deadline for arts organizations seeking to apply for 2017 grants has been extended.
For its Sixth Annual Grant Competition, the commission will award up to $1,000 to an artist living in Newtown and up to $1,000 to a Newtown arts organization. The deadline for Newtown based arts organizations has been extended one week, to September 8.
Applications are available at newtownartscommission.org/arts-community/grants-scholarships.
Winners will be invited to show or sell their art at the NCAC tent at Newtown Arts Festival, this year set for September 16-17 on the grounds of Fairfield Hills.
The funds for the grants are from the proceeds of the two-day Newtown Arts Festival.
Now in its sixth year, the award has gone to a photographer, an artistic printer, a filmmaker, a theater group, and the first year’s winner, Johnny Williams, a sculptural carpenter who went onto become a finalist in the Martha Stewart American Made program.