- Snapshot: Dennis Bradshaw
- Girl Scout Dance Shoe & Instrument Drive Supports Ana Grace Project
- 'Special Library,' 'Special Staff' Excites New CHB Director
- Theater Review: One Acts Provide The Perfect Excuse To Get Out And Just Laugh
- CVHF Builds Children’s Curiosity About Historic Stone Walls
- Winter Guard Fundraiser Inspires Addition Of Something Special To Lunches With Love
- Newtown Centre Of Classical Ballet & Voice Deliver Out Of This World Performance At Middle Gate
For more than 20 years, the locally owned and independently operated Citgo gas station called Consumer Petroleum/Wheels of CT has been participating in the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Shamrock Season fundraiser.
The campaign this year started on February 5 and will run until March 18, with 100 percent of its proceeds going to help children with muscular dystrophy go to summer camp.
According to the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s educational flyer, “At MDA Summer Camp, anything is possible and there are no limits to their adventures and opportunities — all at no cost to their families.”
Manager Barbara Andrews Wood said that last year Consumer Petroleum/Wheels of CT raised $220,000 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association between its 25 locations through Shamrock Season, a golf fundraiser, and its store donation containers.
So far, after nine days of fundraising, the Newtown location has raised $969 with a goal to reach $4,000 by the end of the Shamrock Season.
To make a contribution to the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Shamrock Season fundraiser at Consumer Petroleum/Wheels of CT, visit its location at 67 Church Hill Road. Those who donate can also fill their name out on a shamrock card to be placed in the window.
To learn more about the Muscular Dystrophy Association, visit mda.org.