- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Shop ‘Til You Drop, Thursday In Sandy Hook
- P&Z Liberalizes Zoning Rules On Nail Salons
- Freshman Football Squad Blanks Masuk
- Nighthawk Swim Team Competes In State Meets
- Senior services for Newtown seniors are available at the Multipurpose Building on Riverside Road in Sandy Hook. The Senior Center is under the auspices of the Commission on Aging. The center is run by Senior Services Director Marilyn Place. For infor
To the Editor:
I’m sure many parents, students, and individuals are dismayed by the retirement of Mr Manfredonia from the Newtown School District. There is no question he is an excellent administrator and teacher coming from the comments recently published in the paper.
What I have never forgotten, and probably many others feel the same way, is the fact that Mr Manfredonia was instrumental in forever changing the name of the Newtown “Indians” (God, please don’t strike me dead for such blasphemy) to the Newtown “Nighthawks.” The “politically correct movement” that has permeated our society is something that should be dealt with on a personal level between individuals, and not a belief to be instilled on society by a few – especially educators.
I’m sorry for the sarcasm, but his next mission in life should apparently be changing the name of the “Washington Redskins.” Then we all can finally sleep with a clear conscience.
16 Taunton Lake Road, NewtownÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â September 6, 2004