- Fundraiser Will Support Simply Smiles Projects
- Next SCAN Program: Landscape By Lenz
- Esty Announces 2018 5th District Congressional Art Competition
- Program To Explore ‘Blended Gardens’
- New Beginnings St Patrick’s Day Event
- Avielle Foundation Promoting Next Two 'BrainStorm' Events
- Former Silvermine Director Offering Landscape Painting Demo, Next SCAN Program
Senator Tony Hwang will moderate an event at Newtown Senior Center, 14 Riverside Road, on Friday, December 8, which will update area residents on the impact of recently passed legislation on taxes, Medicare health insurance, aging, and home care.
The event, called “Lunch and Learn,” runs from noon to 2 pm, and is open to the public. Registration is required by calling the Senior Center at 203-270-4310, no later than Tuesday, December 5. Space is limited.
Expert panelists from the Western Connecticut Agency on Aging and the Connecticut Department of Social Services will help answer residents’ questions.
“As vice chair of the state legislature’s Aging Committee, I want to make sure that area seniors have the information they need on how state policies affect them now and in the future,” Sen Hwang said.
“Communication is key. Everyone’s questions will be answered. At the State Capitol, I continue to do all I can to protect and preserve vital services for Connecticut’s seniors.”
Sen Hwang represents Newtown, Easton, Fairfield, Weston, and Westport. He can be reached at Tony.Hwang@cga.ct.gov and at 800-842-1421.