Botsford Fire Rescue members will open their fire station at 315 South Main Street to the public on Saturday, November 4, from noon to 4 pm....Read Full Article
- New Government Sworn Into Office
- An Open Invitation To Enjoy Thanksgiving With New Friends
- Newtown Police Named In Traffic Stop Data Analysis
- Property Owner Challenges Conservation Easement
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- LC Makes School Budget Whole, Celebrates Llodra, Jacob
- Fire Reports | November 9-16, 2017
Botsford Fire Rescue hosted an open house event on November 4 for members of the public to meet its members, tour its firehouse, share food, and witness demonstrations.
Botsford Fire Rescue Lieutenant Tom Paloian organized the event, which also had a bounce house for children to jump in. The two demonstrations were held in the afternoon, with an extrication of a “patient” from a car held first, followed by a live burn of two vehicles.
Members of the public who wanted to test their skill at spraying water with a hose also had the chance to spray the cars used in the live burn, following the demonstration. Young boys Brody Taylor and Dominic Giordano took their turns spraying the hose, with Mr Paloian overseeing their efforts.
More information about Botsford Fire Rescue is available online at botsfordfirerescue.com.