- Winter Percussion And Winter Guards Compete Before This Weekend’s Busy Schedule
- BOE Hears Transportation Task Force Presentation
- School Board Votes ‘Yes’ To Scheduled April Break
- NHS Receives STEM Grant From Toshiba American Foundation
- Two Hour Delay For Newtown Public Schools Thursday
- ‘Les Miserables’ Being Staged This Weekend At NHS
- Esty Announces 2018 5th District Congressional Art Competition
Newtown’s four elementary schools, Reed Intermediate School, and Newtown Middle and High Schools ended the 2016-17 school year under sunny skies and with sunny attitudes, Thursday, June 15.
Excited students spilled from the buildings, eager to greet the summer. Newtown Middle School teachers waved at students sitting in bus seats as the buses departed. Some held up paper cutouts of yellow smiley faces.
“This is it!” Middle Gate School teachers exclaimed, as they saw students off on their buses, smiling and thrusting their arms into the air in a celebratory motion.
In an e-mail to The Newtown Bee, NMS Principal Tom Einhorn summed up the school year, thanking students and staff “for a wonderful school year.”