Newtown news of 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee. ...Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- July 27-August 2, 2018: "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
- July 20-26, 2018: "Avengers: Infinity War"
- July 13-19, 2018: "Early Man," "Life Of The Party" and Live at ETH: The Autumn Defense
- July 6-12, 2018: "Sherlock Gnomes" and "A Quiet Place"
- June 29-July 5, 2018: "Sgt Stubby: And American Hero" and "Ready Player One"
- June 22-28, 2018: "Black Panther," Rally For Humanity and "Jaws"
FRIDAY, JANUARY 12-WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17
THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS
Rated PG * running time 1:44
($2 for senior citizens at Tuesday matinee)
Screenings Friday through Saturday*, 7 & 9:10 pm;
Sunday through Wednesday, 7 pm;
matinees Saturday through Monday, 1 & 4 pm;
Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Dan Stevens, Christopher Plummer, Jonathan Pryce & Ian McNeice
The whimsical tale of how Charles Dickens (Stevens), suffering from writer’s block and hoping to revive his ailing fortune in 1843, crafts A Christmas Carol, a story that redefined the meaning of Christmases to be.
*The 7 pm Saturday screening is free of charge, courtesy Ingersoll Auto of Danbury.
* * * * *
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18
Rated R * running time 2:15
Screenings 2 and 7 pm
Starring Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore,
Everett Sloane, Ray Collins, George Coulouris & Agnes Moorehead
Following the death of a publishing tycoon (Welles, who also directed this Academy Award winning epic), news reporters scramble to discover the meaning of his final utterance.
The special screening of this 1941 film continues Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s Someday Cinema Series.