- A Rare Example Of What People Want From Elected Officials
- Personal Property Taxes Were Not Designed To Fund State Obligations
- State Budget The Result Of Tough Choices
- A Promise To Collaborate With All Parties
- Overreaching On Edmond Town Hall Concerns
- The Importance Of Local Leadership
- Changes Were Embraced For Annual Summer Jam Concert Series
To the Editor:
On behalf of the Newtown Ice Hockey Booster Club, I would like to thank the owners and employees of Berkshire Motors in Sandy Hook for hosting the Newtown High School hockey team’s car wash last Saturday. This community-minded business not only gave the team use of its parking lot and water, but threw in a couple of hoses when we needed them at the last minute.
We also appreciate the patronage from so many residents and supporters who came out to get their cars (and one ice cream truck) washed. We raised a record amount of money at this fundraiser, thanks to you. Your donations will help pay the team’s expenses, which are considerable, and are mainly self-funded through parent contributions and player fundraising activities.
The team is also working hard to raise money to lease a locker room at the Danbury Ice Arena for the coming season. Our GoFundMe page is www.gofundme.com/nihbc if you would consider a contribution.
4 Mt Pleasant Terrace, Newtown September 13, 2017