- Haunting Williams Work Next For Town Players
- BACA Event Canceled
- Bivenne Harvey Staiger With Watercolor Demonstration At Next SCAN Meeting
- Dozens Spent Time Enjoying This Year's One-Stop House & Garden Tour
- 6th Annual Newtown Yoga Festival Planned For August
- Tickets Available For Next Town Players Production; 'Suddenly Last Summer' Opens July 20
- Celebrated Oil Painter Next Guest For SCAN, June 27
The Matthew Curtiss House, at 44 Main Street, will be open on Sunday, December 3, from noon until 4, in conjunction with the Newtown Youth & Family Services Holiday Festival House Tour, according to Newtown Historical Society.
The house is maintained as a house museum by the historical society, and is home to a large collection of artifacts. As the house was a residence until the 1970s, the society has chosen to have relics of all three centuries of the house’s existence as a residence on display rather than limiting items to the Colonial and early national periods of the building’s early existence.
Decorated for the holidays, the open house will also feature music by Newtown music teacher Grant Ossendryver. Costumed docents will lead tours of the house and the collections of the historical society, or visitors are free to tour the house on their own.
Admission is free, but donations will be accepted. Visit newtownhistory.org or call 203-426-5937 for additional information.