- Registration Continues For July 21 Sandy Hook 5K
- Hammerin’ Hawgs Push Trumbull To Final Inning Before State Championship Walk-Off Loss
- Hammerin' Hawgs Reach 14U Babe Ruth State Tournament Championship
- Blue Stockings Fall To New Milford In States
- Host Blue Stockings Battle In 13U State Tournament
- Naturals Compete In Cal Ripken 8U Tourney
- Admirals Win Legion Games
Marc Kenney, Newtown High School girls’ soccer coach, was named the Connecticut Girls’ Soccer Coaches Association Coach of the Year for the second time.
Kenney won the award for the first time in 2012 when the Nighthawks won a state championship. He was also selected as the High School Coaches Association Girls’ Soccer Coach of the Year in 2013.
“This year it means so much because it was such an amazing year,” said Kenney, adding that the recognition is a product of the hard work his players put in during practice and games.
The Nighthawks, despite losing more than half of their starters to graduation the previous year, posted a 13-2-1 regular season, reached the South-West Conference championship game, and the Class LL state tournament quarterfinal round as the third seed.