- Ali Cordova Earns Youth Football & Cheer Association’s Chris Stenz Volunteer Award
- Fencer Gaby Chau Competes In Collegiate Tournaments
- Fans Have A Lot To Cheer (And Bark) For At Sound Tigers Hockey Game
- Medley Relay Team Sets School Record As Hawks Make Splash In State Meet
- Showing Strength: Nighthawk Football Team Wins Nutmeg Games Weight Lifting Championship
- Furious Waning-Seconds Comeback Stymied As Hawks Fall In Semis
- Newtown High Boys’ Basketball Team Finds Recipe For State Playoff Success
Marc Kenney, Newtown High School girls’ soccer coach, was named the Connecticut Girls’ Soccer Coaches Association Coach of the Year for the second time.
Kenney won the award for the first time in 2012 when the Nighthawks won a state championship. He was also selected as the High School Coaches Association Girls’ Soccer Coach of the Year in 2013.
“This year it means so much because it was such an amazing year,” said Kenney, adding that the recognition is a product of the hard work his players put in during practice and games.
The Nighthawks, despite losing more than half of their starters to graduation the previous year, posted a 13-2-1 regular season, reached the South-West Conference championship game, and the Class LL state tournament quarterfinal round as the third seed.